HMRC’s free tax app is available to download from the App Store for iOS and from the Google Play Store for Android. The latest version of the app includes updated functionality to check your Child Benefit and State Pension, set a reminder to make a Self-Assessment payment and the option to be contacted by HMRC electronically instead of by paper.
The APP can be used to see:
- your tax code and National Insurance number;
- your income and benefits;
- your income from work in the previous 5 years;
- how much you will receive in tax credits and when they will be paid;
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) self-assessment;
- how much Self-Assessment tax you owe;
- your Child Benefit; and
- your State Pension.
The app can also be used to complete a number of tasks that usually require the user to be logged on to a computer. This includes to:
- get an estimate of the tax you need to pay;
- make a Self-Assessment payment;
- set a reminder to make a Self-Assessment payment;
- report tax credits changes and complete your renewal;
- access your Help to Save account;
- use our tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions;
- track forms and letters you have sent to us;
- claim a refund if you have paid too much tax;
- update your postal address; and
- choose to be contacted by HMRC electronically, instead of by letter.